What to do with the sand my Eng Goby moves around?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jimmye4fish

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can I just gently move it back to the low spots? I've read I shouldn't disturb the sand but this dude should be called bulldozer goby! WOW!

image-660131040.jpg

image-1554164929.jpg

Turn off your power heads and filters then gently push it back where it belongs.

Wow, that's simple enough. I like that answer!! Thanks for the advice.

Lol, simple is best. Just try not to get too much sand/debris in the water column.

Did that last night. Worked perfect! I took it extremely slow too. I bet the goby is pretty ticked off because I covered up all his work. I was afraid some of my rock was going to fall over. LOL. Thanks again for the help.

Did that last night. Worked perfect! I took it extremely slow too. I bet the goby is pretty ticked off because I covered up all his work. I was afraid some of my rock was going to fall over. LOL. Thanks again for the help.

Lol, he will get right back to work. Glad I could help.

Your rock should have been placed before your sand. I would correct that if you can. It would be a shame to have a rock slide that kills the EG or something else.

My EG does the same thing from time to time. He decided he wanted a new cave last week so I came home to a 5" dune lol He has already moved the sand so gently moving it back wont affect anything.

My EG does the same thing from time to time. He decided he wanted a new cave last week so I came home to a 5" dune lol He has already moved the sand so gently moving it back wont affect anything.

Just turn off filters and power heads then take it slow.

Your rock should have been placed before your sand. I would correct that if you can. It would be a shame to have a rock slide that kills the EG or something else.

I agree with Mr X. Your rocks should be placed on the glass bottom or even better a piece of egg crate on the bottom. During the next water change I'd pull the rocks out and put them in the old water, push/work a piece of egg crate through the sand to the bottom under where the rock sits then put the rock back in and work it down to the crate. With the big rocks you appear to have it should be relatively simple.
Otherwise one day there will be a rock shift.

Back
Top Bottom