What to do with this Zooplex?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrg02d

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello all,
Some time ago I got a bottle of zooplex thinking I would feed my corals. I then began using mysis shrimp to feed them. Anything this zooplex can be useful for? Should I just toss it?

I am thinking the brain corals I have might like it. My corals:
montipora
acropora
hammer
torch
frogspawn
candycane
various mushrooms and polyps

Thanks,
Matt

Zooplex is much SMALLER than mysis shrimp. Your corals can't eat mysis, but the can eat zooplex. Use it sparingly, like just once a week.

Zooplex is much SMALLER than mysis shrimp. Your corals can't eat mysis, but the can eat zooplex. Use it sparingly, like just once a week.

Hehe, you dont know my corals :)
My candycane and ricordeas will eat the mysis whole and quickly! :)

The others either dont try or wind up having the skunk shrimp steal the mysis away.

I did watch my brain coral pull in a few mysis with some effort...

So should I use the zooplex on the corals now instead of mysis? The other corals (torch, frogspawn, and hammer dont eat the mysis).
Thanks,
Matt

Yes, shrooms, Ricordia, LPS will but SPS polyps are too small.
Most Corals need LIGHT. Any other nutirents they need will come from the water column. Forget the target feeding of mysis. If a piece happens to land and get caught great, but you don't want to overfeed your corals. All your corals should be able to eat the zooplex, but don't use it more than once a week.

Back
Top Bottom