Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 09-23-2004, 10:02 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
Send a message via Yahoo to melissfish
what to feed lionfish

i have read that it is most nutritious to feed a lionfish live marine fish, then i read elsewhere i am better off feeding him mollies, guppies or goldfish as they are less likely to introduce parasites to the tank. Are both of these statements correct, what shall i feed him( to supplement frozen foods and unwanted crabs (when i can catch them))

Happy Fishing!!
melissfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 10:08 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
I don't think your ever supposed to feed them goldfish. Guppies and mollies are ok. From everything I've read, the sooner you wean them off live food, the better. Mine eat raw shrimp and dried krill. My dwarf zebra even eats flake food although I've never heard of another lion taking a liking to flakes. LOL Good luck.
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote

feed, lionfish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search