what to feed my fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DuBz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have currently:
2 clownfish
1 blue tang
1 sailfin tail tang
1 goby

I have been feeding them frozen brine shrimp but am wondering what would be better for them. I also put a clip with some seaweed in every once in awhile. What other things should I feed??

Everything other than brine. Brine is the worst. You got Misis or krill to pick from. Both are better. Tangs need lots of veggies. Omega one flake is nutrious but fowls the water quickly.

Thats what I had been reading. My lfs sold me it though -_-. Oh well. I'll pick up some frozen mysis. I don't really like flakes. They foul the water so much id just like to avoid em.

Use a variety of frozen and pellet foods. The frozen foods need to be melted and rinsed before they are put into the tank or they will cause some phosphate problems. The tangs do need vegetables/algae on a clip in there for most of the day to keep them happy and healthy. Vitamin enriched brine isn't so bad, not good as a primary diet long term, yes, but it does serve as a good treat or a trainer food if something is not eating.

Back
Top Bottom