What to feed snowflake eel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Konrade

Aquarium Advice Freak
I got a snowflake eel today for 10.00 :p and was wondering what the people here feed theirs. It is about 7 inches long and the lfs was feeding it rosy reds. Can I wean it off of those? I already have some formula one and 2 and squid would these be ok to feed for now? Anyways just wanted some input on what you guys feed yours so that mine can live happiuly. Also how much do you feed it? I heard 1-2 times a week. TIA

definitely get it off the rosy reds. Shrimp pieces, squid, silversides, crab meat, just about any meaty food will do.

I feed all my eels every other day.

not the fussiest of eaters are the snowflake.. my lfs was feeding it fw feeders and the night i got it home swapped with whitebait and he took it.. i mix it up with squid and shrimp every other day.

yeah he realy likes squid, also formula one. Of course he keeps trying to catch my starfish hitcher. He got one of the starfishes legs, but he is growing it back. It looks really cool. Man I love the eel. He is really entertaining. Thanks for the advice guys!!

Krill, silversides, and squid would be best. I've never had a problem feeding Snowflakes with almost anything. It's just getting it right in front of their faces so they see it. Sometimes I would have to brush their faces with it before they would take it. Even the small ones are quite strong.

Mine seems like he has pretty good eyesight. He is ALWAYS hungry. I'll give him a good chunk of squid and he'll rip it apart and take it into his cave....about second later he comes out for more..

Back
Top Bottom