What to put in a small Eclipse tank...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MattP725

Aquarium Advice Freak
My gf has a 5 or 6g eclipse tank that I bought her years ago and I was thinking of a small setup for our room. I don't want to buy more equipment so it would have to be something that could do without a skimmer. What should I get? I was thinking possibly an invert tank? Opinions?

i agree, esp if you dont watn to have to run a skimmer, but you could put some pretty cool shrimps or lowlight soft corals in there and it would look nice.

I have a eclipse 12 and I have some base rock in it... pretty dead though. abotu a ince sand bed, heater, Rio 50 powerhead and 2 damsels. With some herlits and snails...

I do weekly 2 gallon water changes and everyone is WAY happy. I took out the floss top filter and replaced it with fluval cerimac cylenders...

oceanrider.com, they are pretty high matinence- ex the usually require live mysis shrimp as food, but they are really fascinating. hippocampus zosteri is the kind your lookin for, those are the dwarfs.

ok i have a small one gallon tank that isn't in use right now could i set that up as a salt water for this one - http://oceanrider.com/seahorsesdetail.asp?Variety_ID=7 and if i were to put in like 2 pounds of lr and 2 pounds of ls would that be enough? and if i get another tank like this could i set it up the same way but rase the food, small brine shrimp and Vibrance? would i need special lighting?

Shrimp goby + pistol shrimp are neat to have because of their symbiont relationships they form. They would be a very light bio-load also

Lots of shrimp gobies are small. A popular shrimp goby is the Hi Fin Goby(Stonogobiops nematodes) and it's adult size is around 2". Another goby that I like is the Yasha Hashe (Stonogobiops yasha). Here is a brief article of these two goby I just mentioned.

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-01/hcs3/index.htm.

Having a species dedicated tank for these guys are cool because these goby can be shy at times.

Back
Top Bottom