What to run in BRS dual reactor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
100 seems quite high. Can you elaborate on the tank in general, or perhaps link to a thread which will explain the situation?

Looks like you still have some kinks to work out. Make sure you clean all the algae off weekly of else your not exporting the nutrients.

I didn't know to clean the algae off that frequently. I will when i get home in one week. Should I clean one side or both sides of the screen? And also, about the reactor, can I run bio pellets in both? Would that be more effective than vinegar? Pros cons? I would like to not have to dose vinegar every day... But are the pellets just as effective in the dual reactor?

You need to be very careful with bio-pellet dosing. Using too much can rapidly deplete oxygen and lead to bacterial blooms of the non-beneficial variety. One reactor is more than enough, especially when combined with a scrubber.

yea clean both sides with an old credit card and just leave the tiny peices between the squares..... i never used a reactor and honestly see no reason to once your scrubber is more established

And I just saw that it takes a couple months to mature. So is that how long it will take to dent nitrates??? Cuz I'll wait until then to add other things.

It going to be different for each tank so it's hard to generalize it in how long it takes. I am 3-4 months scrubbing now and had stopped my nitrates and phosphates from rising between water changes at around my 1.5 month mark .Reduction can take 6-8 months from what i have read . You need to help it along with more water changes .

Two things, I've always heard that you clean one side of an ATS a week, I've never ran one and am by no means an expert just stating what I've heard/read. I would be cautious with bio pellets as they do strip the water very well. I had a buddy who ran them and though his water was pristine he had a heck of a time with corals as the pellets stripped so much out of the water they couldn't feed.

Wow. Lol. Should I just get the carbon/gfo reactor? Does carbon really make the tank look a lot better?

Back
Top Bottom