What to use for a cuc for a 4g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 4g reef with 5 sexy shrimp in it. However the issue is I don't want to get a cuc that will eat all the shrimps food. I was thinking nassarias snails but they are so quick to get to food that hits the sand bed that I would think they would out compete the shrimp. What can I use that will remove uneaten food and help manage detritus. I'm going to have a couple nerite snails for algae on the glass maybe like 3 of them. But what about the sand bed? It's about 2" deep

Get the nassarius snails. I don't think you'll have a huge problem w/ the shrimp not getting food. I especially love them since apparently one of my snails died. I could see it, but probably couldn't reach it and there was a hoard of nassarius snails eating it before it could decompose. They even climb the rocks if food has fallen in crevices. Great CUC members.

Get the nassarius snails. I don't think you'll have a huge problem w/ the shrimp not getting food. I especially love them since apparently one of my snails died. I could see it, but probably couldn't reach it and there was a hoard of nassarius snails eating it before it could decompose. They even climb the rocks if food has fallen in crevices. Great CUC members.

I picked up a few nerites but you are right im going to get some nassarius. I need to find a food my shrimp like better though they are not taking to my shrimp pellets

Maybe it's against "cannibalism" :lol:. Don't know how picky your shrimp is, but if it helps, my cleaner shrimp devours flakes and meaty foods, not pellets though.

Maybe it's against "cannibalism" :lol:. Don't know how picky your shrimp is, but if it helps, my cleaner shrimp devours flakes and meaty foods, not pellets though.

Well iv read its best to rotate daily with mysis and pellets but they don't even bother with either.

Back
Top Bottom