What type Lighting for Anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patches22033

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently just got a Sebae Anemone and found out my lighting isn't very strong. I have a twin 15w incandescent. What kind of lighting should I get? Any ideas where to get Live Rock from?

Whatever you get you will need to get it FAST. What size tank is it?

If its a 20L a 70W clip on Metal Halide should be fine for the anemone at mid level. If the tank is a 20 high, the anemone would need to be at the top. Otherwise, the Nova Extreme would be ok for mid to high level placement. It all depends on the look you want.

You`ll need to upgrade the whole lighting system. Your seabae will not last long under that lighting. I would suggest some T5HO system.

I recently just got a Sebae Anemone and found out my lighting isn't very strong. I have a twin 15w incandescent. What kind of lighting should I get? Any ideas where to get Live Rock from?

I bought my rock (NOT Live) from MarcoRocks.com, The rock is beautiful, interesting shapes, and you can send him a message on the type of rock you're looking for. Then I bought a couple LIVE rocks from my LFS and mixed them in. It will take longer to get the nice algae but it's cheaper!

Take the anemone back. It will surely die in your tank. If you have no live rock, what does your filtratation consist of?

Back
Top Bottom