What water do you use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What type of water do you use?

• Tap.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RO/DI

• RO

• Total voters

BONESTOCK

Aquarium Advice Activist
..I use tap now...but want to get an RO/DI unit soon...but one that doesn't cut into the pipes cause I live in an apartment...

I use RO water from the machine at walmart, I hope to get a new RO/DI unit and booster pump sometime this year, but this has worked for me for the last 19 months.

humm...Walmart has RO water??

How much does it cost and how do you bring it home??

I may have to do that!! :mrgreen:

I use the same type thing, but it is from my local supermarket. They have an RO unit outside and you just take your own container. I use 5g jugs for water coolers. .30 a gallon so it works well for me right now since I am limited at where to fit an RO/DI unit.

nice...I'll have to look for it....will it say RO water on the machine??

It should say how the water is filtered. It might say something like Reverse osmosis, carbon filtered and maybe even UV filtered. I used this method for a couple of months...paid .25 a gallon. Not bad if your don't mind lugging around water :wink:

This may be a silly question, but you always have to ask. Has everyone checked w/ their LFS to see if they offer RO/DI water? I purchase my saltwater and fresh from one that I trust right down the road. Hauling the water sucks, but in an apartment...what else can you do?

Squishy

but in an apartment...what else can you do?

Hook your RO unit up to your sink with a faucet attachment. There are many ways to hook up an RO unit with out using a sattle valve that puts a hole into your plumbing.

I have a RO unit, I generate about 10 gals a week.
I hooked up my RO unit by using a diverter aerator on my faucet. No additional plumbing work required. You pull the pin on the aerator to divert the water through a tube into the RO unit.

Back
Top Bottom