What wierd stuff do your fish do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. Crabs

Aquarium Advice Freak
Thought I'd start a thread on wierd fish behavior. I've had this Midas Blenny for about a year. He's huge. Monster Midas Blenny in a way. He's about 6 inches......no kidding.

A few months back I noticed him do something that I thought was just a coincidence. I was wrong, it's on purpose. When I would approach the tank to feed, he would get really aggressive in his movements in the tank than poop near the top. And we're not talking a nice solid pooh. It's an all out stream of diarhea streamed across the top of the tank. It's skimmed out pretty quick though.

Anywho, it has gotten even wierder. When I put the food in (A nice mash of home made stuffs) he rushes to the middle of the food cloud and craps right in it. TOTALLY gross. And to make matters worse, my angel has taken a liking to his foulness:brows:

So, I have a Midas Blenny that $hits where he eats to claim the grub.

Anything interesting going on in your tank?

I have a dwarf gourami that wrestles with a Yoyo loach. They literally shove each other around.

wow thats nasty, lol. I have never seen my saltwater fish poop even once, it sucks because its a good way to identify health issues, but i am never home while they poop :(

Hate to be the poor tang at the end of that congo line:fish1:

Here's a thought. If fish like to eat pooh, and I like to eat fish, than that means :blink:

Both my Lawnmower Blenny & my Midas Blenny like to perch on my cucumber that has taken residence on the top of the front of the tank. Something about those Blennies......

Btw would love to see a pic of your large Midas.

My lion loves to hangout upside down the first time he did this I thought he was dying

Attachments

• image-1086105578.jpg
    image-1086105578.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 124
Btw would love to see a pic of your large Midas.

Best I could do....keep in mind, the other fish are about 5 inches.
img_2238556_0_72d42c289fb9cfda3c454c54ef452417.jpg

When I was doing freshwater I had an Oscar that would sleep on its side at night, completely flat in the bottom

I have a starry blenny that jumps in my hand when its in the tank.

image-1662466419.jpg

A pic of him in my girlfriend's hand.

LOL! That's great. He's like a puppy =-)

What a great party trick. My kids would love that. I miss my lawnmower blenny. He could head butt like no one's business.

I did not know that lionfish can "hang out" upside down. Very interesting indeed.

And an Oscar that needs to be tucked in. Now I've heard everything.

Good stuff guys. So interesting. Makes fish more than just fish. This is why they are our pets. Personalities and all. Whoever said dogs a man's best friend didn't have a fish tank.

When I was doing freshwater I had an Oscar that would sleep on its side at night, completely flat in the bottom
my oscars do that also but my Frontosa would sleep with his nose on the gravel wedged btw the suction post on the filter first time i seen it i thought he died

Back
Top Bottom