What will 160 watts of light get me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pearsont74

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I plan to upgrade my lights and look to do it in the fall to try to get to about 4watts per gal but what will 160w NO lights get me....inverts and non fish stuff??
just plannin out my tank :)

Watts/gal is not as important as the type of lighting vs. the dimensions of the tank. Intensity is the key. NO lights do not give you very good pentrating power into the tank. However, some lower-light corals placed high in the tank should do just fine. Stick with softies like leathers, mushrooms and polyps. If you have hopes of keeping more colorful corals (light-dependant) or LPS corals you should really consider at least CF lighting.

I plan to do a retro kit with PC and 1 or 2 MH....but money isnt growing on my tree yet :) darn tree

but thats good to know, I'll still wait awhile to amek sure everything is stable...water wise ...thanks

I plan to do a retro kit with PC and 1 or 2 MH
That is a great plan and will really open up a lot more corals to you. For now you can certainly stick with some easy ones.
but money isnt growing on my tree yet darn tree
Are you watering it? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom