What will eat or get rid of aptiasia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmartin722

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have aptiasia growning on several pieces of my rock. I've heard peppermint shrimp will eat it but was wondering if there is anything else that would. Not sure if will be able to keep the shrimp with my zebra eel. It has already eradicated by emerald crabs.

You can try peppermint shrimp, I didn't have much luck with them though...

You can go the aiptasia X or Joes juice

Some people have also had success with Berghia nudibranchs. However, once they consume all the aiptasia, they will have to be removed from the tank becasue that's apparently ALL they eat. I beleive they may also nuke a tank once they die, but I'm not sure about that.

I've had success by mixing up kalkwasser to a paste, and using a titration syringe to squirt the paste into their mouths. A fellow in the local club swears by pure lye used in the same method.

If there small a peppermint shrimp will do well .mine took care of them and they are pretty cool to have.

Unfortunately, no. I just pull the rock that it's on & hit it for a couple seconds (with safety glasses on).

Unfortunately the only way to completely eradicate them is Burgia snails, other methods just kinda keep them invisible. Unless u catch it early and remove the source

Back
Top Bottom