what would be a good companion with valentini puffer and Hawaiian6 line wrasse?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ekayser

Aquarium Advice Newbie
what would be a good companion with valentini puffer and Hawaiian6 line wrasse? My Hawaiian6line wrasse is an aggressive lil guy. Both fish keep picking on my percula clown fish....this is the second clown fish they killed :(

Hmmm, quite an agressive fish there and one that should be added last.

You might try a large angel, larger damsels, butterflies, etc..

BUT, when the new fish is done with QT, I would move teh 6 line to the QT tank while the new fish adjusts to the tank and finds a home. After a week or so you can add it back and hope...

IMO I would not add any Butterfly fishes to a tank with aggressive fish only unless you can find one that can be aggressive back. But this is only my opinion.. CMor has been doing this a lot longer then I.

Plus the Clarkii's they are not to far behind the Maroon clowns my female bit my knuckle when I was moving some rocks around and drew blood. Never knew they could do that...

Thanks everyone! I really like the percula clowns. The 6line was one of the last fish I added. At that time I already had a percula established in the aquarium. It survived almost 8months with the6line. After the percula died I tried putting another one in. It was attacked shortly there after. I heard maroon clowns were aggressive. But should I do a pair to ward off the bullies or will the two maroon clowns fight with each other?

And my tank is a 43gallon hexagon. Is that too small for angels? I thought they needed a longer tank to swim?

Usually if u add the 2 maroons at the same time they might not fight. Try putting them in and leavimg ur lights off until the next day.

Back
Top Bottom