What would be a good goby or blenny to add...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

20 20

Aquarium Advice Freak
To my 29 gallon reef tank? I've currently got a false perc, a bicolor pseudochromis, and a 6 line wrasse. I'd like to get a goby or a blenny to round out the fish in my tank, but I'm not sure which would be a good addition, how to feed, which are more active, etc. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Want the new fish on the bottom, rocks, or out front? That'll tell us which to recommend.

I've got a yellow watchman goby (and shrimp) that hangs out on the bottom. Got a yellow clown goby that sits on the front glass. You might want some yellow in there.
I've had the firefish goby that sits near the bottom. Neon blue/cleaner goby hangs out near rocks, but swims out front (a pair would be nice)

Blennies I've had: bi-color that perches on the rocks. Canary (yellow again) swims out front.

All of these are the smaller variety I've either got or had.

Your pseudochromis might give the newcomer a hard time. Keep an eye out for that. The blennies I've had (bicolor and star) are more active than the gobies I've had (yellow watchman and orange spot). I think most gobies or blennies would be a fine addition. Just a matter of what you're looking for.

I'd prefer one that that perches on the rocks, as long as it doesn't stay hidden.

I have the black sailfin blenny and pink spotted goby. They are good hardy fish

The neon blue and bicolor gobys will perch. The yellow clown goby will perch on the glass and rocks. That's one cool fish. He'll swim around my hand when it's in the tank. He'll also sit on the front glass while I mag-float it and move only when I get REAL close.

The midas blenny (maybe too large for your tank when full grown) will also hang out on/near the rocks but swims in the open a lot.

Thanks for all the replies, everyone, give's me some good ideas!

Back
Top Bottom