what would happen to the fish if the water temperature rose to 81f?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fird

Aquarium Advice Activist
Out of curiosity what would happen to the fish if the water temperature rose to 81f? My temperature fluctuates from 75f to 81f every day depending on the time of the day.luckily I haven't housed any fish yet. I want to figure this out before I stock my tank.

I would think as long as they are not cold water fish and it doesn't get much hotter than 81 you will be fine a lot of fish prefer the warmer water

Nothing will happen. I would get a heater though and set it at 81* because those temp swings can stress and kill fish easily.

My temp stays around 81 in the summer. I keep close tabs on it because it will go higher on occasion. My lights are the problem. It drops a little at night, then when the lights kick in, it warms up.

I fill 7-9 water bottles with water and freeze them then just drop them in my 75. After an hour my temp drops by about 3-4 degrees.

As said above your bigger problem is the 6 degree fluctuation throughout the day and night. If your house doesn't go above 81s that often then setting your heater higher to cut down on the fluctuation. How big of a tank is it? It should take quite a while to change the water temp assuming you're flow has it mixing completely.

My temp changes from 75° to 85° everyday and always has been and my fish do just fine so u would say nothing depending on the fish

I have a 29g. I just wanted to make sure fish would survive in these conditions .

No problem! My reef's temp is set to 78 but with my MH's it goes up to 82 every day.I have all types of corals,fish,inverts,and a clam and don't have any problems.I think reefs can go up to even 86 without any negative effects.

Back
Top Bottom