Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 08-11-2005, 05:37 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
what would you do?

I have a 125gal that is not stocked yet, I have been pondering what to do. The one thing I do want to put in my tank is 2 snowflake eels. So my question is: here is a list of fish I like, I know I can only pick 2-3 of them to put in my tank. Which ones would you pick keep in mind, I am putting in two eels:
1) Naso tang
2) trigger (possibly a humu)
3) emperor Angel
4) Blue dot puffer
Which ones would you pick?

Michellej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 09:57 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 150 gal that I am beginning to stock as well. I would pick the Naso for sure and also a trigger, maybe a pink tail. I have read they are fairly friendly for a trigger

Fireworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 07:19 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist
I love the idea of the Puffer. Wish I had a bigger tank. Good choices.
MyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 03:06 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via AIM to ogden10
Done right I think you may be able to have all these fish in a 125 without to much trouble. I would go for it for sure. The only issue is you would have a big variety of food to feed as tangs are primarily veggie eaters so you would need to feed some sea weed, angels need some sponge in their diet, and triggers and puffers are meat eaters. Maybe look at a rectangularis trigger instead of humu. Similar in look, only a little more mellow in my experience.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
ogden10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 04:12 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak
2 and 4 i have that puffer and it is a beast!!!! it is shy but give it a 2-3 weeks an it is top dog. it can defend if needed and is wicked fast. i mean my eel is fast but nothing can compare at least in my tank. but dont u think it is a little small when all the others are full grwon i guess u can find out and tell us
EELectric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 10:23 AM   #6
Actually, this LFS in my area called Congressional Aquarium www.congressionalaquarium.com has a big FO show tank. And it has all the fish that you indicated there except the Emperor Angel. It's been more than 2 years that I've seen that tank and it is doing fine with the eels. However, it used to have a Red Emperor that terrorizes the tangs. So they sold it to some guy.

Other than that, maybe you'll get away with it?

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com