whatcan my light support??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

huma-huma

Aquarium Advice Addict
hello all! I have a 72" Coralife power compact fixture. it holds 4 x 96w bulbs and has 6 led moonlights. I currently have a 12k and 6700k on the left side, a 6700k and a 10k/actinic combo tube on the right. I understand that PC lighting is fairly weak and I cant expect much out of it... but what exactly should I expect? I figure I shouldn't expect to support much in the lower half of the tank, but what about in the upper half? any help or suggestions as to what corals I should look at would be great!.

I think you should be able to keep zoas, mushrooms and other types of softies with no problem. You can probably get away with LPS if placed high up. SPS and nems most likely out of the question. How tall is the tank?

I dont think you have enough light for anything really demanding of light. So nems, sps, most LPS and clams would be out of the picture unless you put them pretty high. I'm not sure even at 60% of the way up that you'll have enough light. They will probably live but color and growth may be stunted.

Back
Top Bottom