what's a good adhesive that bonds underwater?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Superglue or 100% silicone. When bonding two objects you should take them out of water to glue them. You could also look into coral fragg glue. But i would go with superglue

Coraffix Gel or TLF AquaStick epoxy (Coralline Red or Stone Grey) depending on the exact situation. The epoxy can be applied in the water, the gel should be started out of the water but can be placed in the water immediately.

Ill have to try the gel. What I need if for is attaching corals to rocks, I can obviously apply the glue outside of the water but then it immediately has to go into the water again. Will the gel work in this application?

classklown90 said:
Ill have to try the gel. What I need if for is attaching corals to rocks, I can obviously apply the glue outside of the water but then it immediately has to go into the water again. Will the gel work in this application?

Yes I usually only pull out the base of the coral im attaching leaving the rest in water and apply the glue to therock im wanting to attach the frag to and place it back in.. the water helps cure the clue ..if the rock is dry go ahead and wet it first.. .. I usally try to hold it together for about 10 seconds then place where I want it.. hope that clarifys your question more then confuse you more ..

D-D aquascape putty. By far and away the best product I've used. Superglue gel is useless in comparison.

I get it from my LFS, although as I'm assuming you are in the US, I'm not sure of the availability of D-D products over there?

Back
Top Bottom