whats low medium high

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fualku

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm trying to pick out some coral and i wanted to know what exactly is medium lighting. All the merchants don't exactly match up on light requirement, and they don't tell you what they mean. i have CF lighting 96 w per bulb, which is 192/45 gal = 4.26 per gal. I'm guessing this is probably medium lighting. I am looking to add about three different species. 1-2 up high, and 1-2 middle or bottom.

That would be medium to low depending on the placement in the tank (high to low) and relation to the light source (ie: rock shadows).

I have 440w VHO over my 75G which is maybe a watt more / gal then what you stated. 4w /g is zoo, shrooms, leather coral range. You can look at my gallery to see what I grow with my VHO's. Prolly pretty similar to what you can get away with considering your current lighting. In any case, I would start with some zoos and shrooms and then maybe some real ez starter coral..leathers are real hardy for the most part.

GL!

Back
Top Bottom