What's proper water level in wet dry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spinman

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello all and Happy 4th for us Americans.

Question: I have a Proclear 200 and am not sure where to keep the water level in the sump. One advised to keep it just under the bottom of the bio balls and another suggested midway up the bio balls.

Thx

Mike
Cherry Hill NJ

Happy 4th t you as well! I have my water level set at just over half way. You need to make sure you leave enough room in the sump for the back wash of water that is in the plumbing so your sump will not overflow. Point in case, I got home from work this morning and our electricity was out. My sump had filled up to the very top with the extra water but did not over-flow. It may be just a little trial and error.

Howdy Neighbor,

Well I have a wet/dry also, i keep my water level a little bit above the grate that holds my bio balls. Just a note, slowly removing the bioballs and adding live rubble, but been thinking of raising thre water level since i put a protein skimmer in the wet/dry, I get alot of micro bubbles pumped through the return. I would just make sure that you can't overflow the wet/dry if the power goes out. I reduced that amount of water going back to the wet/dry by drilling a small hole on the return outlet in my tank just below the waterline.

Liz
Williamstown, NJ

Just a note, slowly removing the bioballs and adding live rubble, but been thinking of raising thre water level since i put a protein skimmer in the wet/dry
Good move. When I did that, I removed the platform the bioballs were sitting and put the LR rubble directly on the sump floor. I also ened up raising the water level so that all of the rubble was covered. I have a pic in my gallery if you are interesed.

Back
Top Bottom