Whats so special?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ximat

Aquarium Advice Freak
I found this auction on ebay, what is so special about this piece of coral?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46308&item=3984846956&rd=1

"A monster of the monster could be yours.

No bait and switch here. You are bidding on the entire frag shown in the photo - Not a piece, not a portion, but the entire thing - Take a look at the number of fraggable branches on this piece as it sits today.

This frag comes from an original Purple Monster Colony. It has been kept by the same private collector for over 4 years.

Since this is an irreplaceable coral, there is no guarantee. If the shipper screws up, your claim is with the shipper.

I will ship overnight priority only. I will use the carrier of your choice. If you get a discount, or have an account with an over night carrier, I am happy to use yours. I will pack the frag in an insulated box. You pay all actual shipping costs.

I am located in Los Angeles. Pickups are welcome. I do not have any other corals for sale, but will gladly co-ship with any of the other Los Angeles Coral providers.

If you have any questions please ask before the final hours of the auction.

Dave B"

It looks tinny to me. Do acro frags really sell for that much? I guess im just lost :)

I think because it is the "purple monster" acro is why it is expensive. That is a somewhat famous acro on another reef board.

Nothing special IMO. I don't see many polyps or even corallites on it :? . That coral is about 1-2". Blue monsters are like the Acans right now- Not worth the money IMO. You could definitely get a larger, more colorful SPS piece for less $$. JMO :wink:

I don't plan on even trying to bid on it... I was just curious to know why anyone would pay that much for that thing.

Back
Top Bottom