whats the best size QT tank to use?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
I will be setting up a QT system of a couple of tanks and am wondering what is the best size tank to use? thinking of having 2-3 of them. to be used as QT tanks or hospital tanks. I want one that will be used when meds are needed. one for corals. one for fish.

I have a 20 QT and honestly I wish I went w/ a 10 gallon. You could get a couple 20s or 30s.

Depends what type of fish you will be adding to your DT IMO. If you want tangs then i would go with at least a 55 to keep them happy for a few weeks, but if you only want a few nano fish then a 20-30 would be ok

Depends what type of fish you will be adding to your DT IMO. If you want tangs then i would go with at least a 55 to keep them happy for a few weeks, but if you only want a few nano fish then a 20-30 would be ok

It will be fore larger fish. Maybe ill do a 40g for fish, 20 for meds, 20g for corals

CleverBs said:
It will be fore larger fish. Maybe ill do a 40g for fish, 20 for meds, 20g for corals

You shouldn't need anything more than a 10 or 15 for corals unless you buy very large corals.

CleverBs said:
no i just figured id do a 20 because i have a light already that will fit the 20L its a 4bulb t5ho so i suppose it would just save some money.

Can't beat that!

Back
Top Bottom