Whats the best way to clean your crushed coral?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ive never "cleaned" my sand before, besides scrubbing the tank!
I did have sand afew yrs ago and tried the cc and I dont care for it at all. Just want to make sure I am caring for it the right way.

I am going to setup my new tank with sand, and the starfish is a great idea as well as the goby...;)

-Are Gobies friendly with all sm. fish, snails and the starfish??
-Are star fish hard to take care of? I seem to get all the hardy things (rated a 5 out of 1-5) What the most hardy starfish thats ready to buy in the stores??

Ive tossed all the left over old cc as of yesterday.. :DI do have a fine layer of it in the tank I transfered my larger fish in, I think Ill leave it as that for awhile...I needed it to have the good bacteria as well as some old water to mix in to start it up asap.

For Lance..... here is pictures from today of my pink coralline growing on my CC substrate. I hope you were kidding about my tank looking like a FW tank, especially when there is a picture of a crocea clam.
I also included another picture of how my CC used to be white.

Attachments

• IMG_1434.jpg
    IMG_1434.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_1435.jpg
    IMG_1435.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1301.jpg
    IMG_1301.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 68
Actually the picture with the torch coral is a more recent picture, but it at least shows my tank is not FW. Here is a picture of how my substrate used to look

Nice pics Ry. I love your crocea clam. Are those easy to find? I dont know anything about having clams-other than feeding them to my Snowflake Eel I used to have..(he jumped out through the filter, so i dont have him anymore.)

They are pretty easy to find and are not that expensive. You just typically need lots of light and feed the tank live phytoplankton.

Back
Top Bottom