What's the coolest thing in your tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sansouci01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm really enjoying my first salt water tank. It's a 20 gallon so I can't have too many fish. I have 2 chromis and 2 clowns. I have 5 turbo snails and 3 nassarius snails. Love the way they pop up out of the sand when it's feeding time. Also a peppermint shrimp. My grand daughter loves the way it sways back and forth on the rocks. But, by far the coolest thing I have in my tank is the serpent star I purchased last weekend. Too bad he seems to hide most of the time. I think it looks like and moves more like an octopus than a star fish. So..what's the coolest thing in your tank ?

I'm really enjoying my first salt water tank. It's a 20 gallon so I can't have too many fish. I have 2 chromis and 2 clowns. I have 5 turbo snails and 3 nassarius snails. Love the way they pop up out of the sand when it's feeding time. Also a peppermint shrimp. My grand daughter loves the way it sways back and forth on the rocks. But, by far the coolest thing I have in my tank is the serpent star I purchased last weekend. Too bad he seems to hide most of the time. I think it looks like and moves more like an octopus than a star fish. So..what's the coolest thing in your tank ?

I love my serpent star as well but he isn't my favorite. I have a 20 also and my favorite thing in there is definitely my tuxedo urchin! He carries some zoas around like a little hat lol

image-480283570.jpg

without a doubt it my dragon wrasse. he has some of the weirdest habits ive ever seen in a fish, which includes doing random flips against the glass, figure 8's around a specific bridge. taking 30 min each night to "make his bed" (grab random lil rocks and toss them furiously all over the place). heres a pic of a dragon wrasse but not mine in particular.

9k=

I love my serpent star as well but he isn't my favorite. I have a 20 also and my favorite thing in there is definitely my tuxedo urchin! He carries some zoas around like a little hat lol

View attachment 208549

That urchin is badas*! Love his little zoa hat :)

My favorite so far is my fire shrimp. My tank is still very new, but he is pretty cool as far as shrimp go. He isnt much of a hider (yay), and he goes bananas when I put food in the tank! I could watch him for hours :popcorn:

That's a hard decision but aside from my fish I would have to say my fav addition is my porcelain crab. He sits there sifting food out of the water until I use my feeding tube at which point he goes crazy, rushes it, grabs ahold, and tries to hang on until he gets his shot of mysis.

Back
Top Bottom