Whats this growing on my rocks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chizzle007

Aquarium Advice Activist
My tank is about a month old.

My water params are:

Ph: 8.2
Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrate: 0ppm
Nitrate: 0ppm

I have these things growing on my rocks but doesn't look like algae looks more like a plant.

Anyone seen this before?

image-313109343.jpg

Chizzle007 said:
0ppm

I use chemi pure elite and seachem denitrate.

These products don't really work. What you put into your tank, you need to take out. Normally this done by water changes. You need something like macro algae and a phosphate reactor to really do the trick.

You are reading zero on your test because the phosphates and Trates are "in" your nuisance algae.

These products don't really work. What you put into your tank, you need to take out. Normally this done by water changes. You need something like macro algae and a phosphate reactor to really do the trick.

You are reading zero on your test because the phosphates and Trates are "in" your nuisance algae.

I am just using these products temporarily. I have ordered my JBJ Nano Glo and will be adding Cheato in the next week.

Should I just pick that stuff off the rock? Non of my CUC is eating it.

Nope, totally doable. Most people just like to keep the macro algaes in the fuge rather than in the DT. I keep my macro in the fuge mostly because I dont have enough room for all of the coral I have!

Back
Top Bottom