Whats this little guy growing on my rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lowsdime

Aquarium Advice Freak
Looks like a mushroom? It just popped up the other day

Attachments

• image-1725768513.jpg
    image-1725768513.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 175
That does without a doubt look like an anemone...they like to be feed mysis shrimp once a week...very interesting hitch-hiker...like all anemones they can irritate the skin so be careful when feeding...i never had any problems hand feeding them but each person sensitivity is different :p

Really?! Is it possible for it to have gone through my cycle and everything?? I've only noticed it in the past week or so the tanks been running for about 3 or 4 months

nothing is impossible...he sure is a tough little guy ^^ like i said give him some mysis shrimp to make him happy :p and maybe a pair of clowns for some company

I already have the clowns haha, do I have to target feed this thing?? What type is it?

put a little bit of the mysis shrimp on the tentacles close to the mouth (the mouth is in the middle...also his mouth doubles as his butt...so if you see something coming out of his mouth after you feed him...don't worry it is just his poop...)

it looks like a bulb anemone...once you start feeding it once a week it should start gaining back some colour

I feed frozen mysis to my clowns once in a while... How do I deliver it to it so it can eat?

It's got nice color gives off nice green tips when the daylight is off I'll have to get going on hooking up my 6 bulb t5 ho fixture I guess

you didnt see it before when you added the live rock? not many people get hitchhiker anemones lol

you just put the frozen mysis on the tentacles of the anemone with your fingers...and the anemone will grab it

If its green tiped it might be a majano anemone.. I just counted mine i have 22 of them

Yea if you have coral grab a pair of tweezers and get them out! BUT i have fish only with lr soo might be nice to have them around

Back
Top Bottom