Whats this monster?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pomme

Aquarium Advice Freak
Whats this monster?

0123.jpg

0124.jpg

I noticed this the other day when it was blowing out some fine particles into the water, dont know if it was eating or something, and then isaw it again and was wondering whether it is a good or a bad thing?

Andrew

Looks like an elephant slug to me. The first time i saw one in my tank i wondered the same thing. I didnt want to take any chances so i tried to grab it to put in my sump. well it got away from me, but a few days later i saw it had reached the sump on its own, go figure. well anyways, now i have like 10 or something in there, but they havnt done any harm to anything. i think they just graze on algae. i wouldnt worry too much about him.

It's a slug??!?! If you look closer it looks like some kind of creature with a devilish grin and two small beady eyes ready to bite your fingers off if you get too close.

Does it have a fleshy mantle or is the top area only shell? Looks more like a chiton or other armored worm than an elephant snail.

Cheers
Steve

It does look like a snake if you look at it the right way...something about the way the light hits it. Looks like it has 2 beady eyes and a mouth.

Back
Top Bottom