Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-17-2005, 09:53 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to stradt03
whats up with these snails?? (pic)

I put in my first 20 turbo snails today to help get rid of the brown algea and about 10 of them are gathered up in the top left corner of the tank. When I put them in the tank I distributed them evenly.....so what gives??

thanks jason

Old 08-18-2005, 01:00 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

There are a few other posts in here about turbo snails. I don't have them, but the others say that some of them may take a few days to get motivated. I don't think it is abnormal for them to just stay in one place for a while.

55 gal cycling. Will be FOWLR.
haus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 01:08 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to stradt03
hmmm well my lights turned off at 10:45pm and it was like someone flipped the switch on the snails. I'm sitting here watching them in the moonlight and they are zooming all around the tank
Old 08-18-2005, 01:20 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

"turbo" snails LOL

55 gal cycling. Will be FOWLR.
haus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 09:05 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yup, classic ... my turbos will not move when the lights are on. Soon after the lights are out they start going to work! I thought the Turbos were fast until I recently put some Nass. snails in my Nano ... now them suckers cruise!!!

R.I.P Walena K. Cox
7/7/62 - 8/11/2002
Jermz79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pic, snail, snails

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com