whats wrong with my anemonie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

beano1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Every now and then my anemonie will shrink up. The arms get really small and flat. And he barley moves, then ill come back an hour later and hes back to his normal size. Is this Bad?

well, its a condi so the light isnt as important, but im not sure what it is. And perameters are all perfect? do you think it just might be spooked. ANd by the way Melosu, where do you get your stuff in richmond?

because condis arnt as relient on the light as other anemonies. At least thats what i was told, and also thats what ive read. Thats also the reason i got it. I dont think that the light is the issue.

where are they located, melosu? Azelia Aquariums a
have really goog section too.

And i see the site. mabey i was mislead, but i think it would be doing alot worse if it were the light. I think i have a 10,000 daylight.

it is most likely suffering from lack of proper lighting and you might want to see if the store will take it back and give you credit for something else.

sorry, not 100. i dont know. All i can remeberis that its 10,000 k nad 36 inches

Could also just be normal behavior... i.e. pooping and/or expelling body water.

The following is about Rose anemones but can be applied to anemones in general.
http://www.karensroseanemones.com/deflating.htm

My sebae anemone does it all the time and he's in a 10gal with 96w of 50/50.
He's also waaaaaay healthier looking than when I first got him so I doubt he's been sick in any way.

Are there any other anemonies that i can buy with my moderate lighting, then?

You do not have moderate lighting, you have very low lighting. One 36 inch bulb is going to be a normal output light. The 10000 is just the color temperature of the bulb. Your lighting is not suitable for ANY anemone.

then what would be an affordable light i should get?

could you recommend an affordable light, thats good enough for just anemonies

Back
Top Bottom