Whats wrong with my hammer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Crabs said:
What's all the fuss? Because ur coral is apparently annoyed by something, ur considering it as good as dead after 1 day? Wow. I wouldn't have any coral left if this were the case. Give it a couple days. Then if it doesn't emerge, move it somewhere else in the tank

N00bies are paranoid about this sorta stuff man lol.

Eh its doing decent. I moved it higher for more light and the one head is doing better i think...

Adam, do you think the hammer is dead?

Yeah, I bought a small hammer frag a long time ago. I got it because it was a real pretty white color. It turned into a skeleton within a couple days. Thinking back now, it's normal color probably wasn't white. It was probably bleached and dying when I bought it. It really sucks when a healthy coral dies without any apparent reason

Two things I would consider. One is flow. Too much flow will cause trauma to the fleshy part. This in turn will cause the dreaded brown jelly disease. Did you see it fall apart? The other thing will be did you see anyone picking on it? Some fish love eating the fleshy part of the skin on hammers. I have a piece that is 14 yrs old and as big as a volleyball but it does take the right conditions.

Back
Top Bottom