Whats wrong with my sea hare

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

simonb1482

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,
I have had a sea hare delivered today and I don't think it looks quite right! It has a large opening down its back which looks like something is coming out of it and it has not moved since I put it in my tank. Just wondering if anyone knows what could be wrong with it?
Thanks

They do have a large opening down there back and that is where there poop comes out of essentially haha. If it hasn't moved though that probably isn't a good sign. I'd give it some time and make sure you have some dried algae sheets to feed it when your algae runs out. I'd actually give him some dried algae sheets now, just in case he is starving and doesn't have much energy to search for his food. Elastic it to something flat that sinks and place it close to his mouth.

I never managed to get a Sea Hare to eat algae sheet, he did a fantastic job clearing up my hair algae though. He's been passed on to 4 different tanks now and was still going strong last I heard. Wonderful creatures but be careful he doesn't starve to death

My sea hare Bob love algae sheets. he mowed through all my tank algae in about 3 weeks. Mine only comes out at night though, maybe yours just needs a good meal and some hidey time.

Back
Top Bottom