whats wrong with my Zoas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flow863

Aquarium Advice Freak
Can anybody give me some advice on what is wrong with my zoas
They were nice and open and colorful the first day i got them and its been about a month they dont open fully and are fading color
Help!!!!
This is the first few days
ForumRunner_20120329_105734.jpg

This is now
ForumRunner_20120329_105803.jpg

They are stretching out for light because they aren't getting enough. You can try to move them up higher, if that doesn't work you may need a stronger light.

You need high light. Possibly clean your light from salt creep. My zoas do this when I get to much salt creep on my light and I know it's time to clean it.

No where near enough data to make any observations. Lighting used? Water quality? Current and flow? All these things will affect zoas.

I have a coralife 150 watt metal halide HQI
on 27 gallon cube tank
My tank has been cycled for over a month now
Water parameters are calcium is 450, alkalinity 1300, ph 7.8
Nitrite 0
Nitrate <20

What about circulation? And where in the tAnk are the zoas placed? What are the dimensions of the tank?

Even a month later the tank will bounce around a bit. Ph is a bit low and nitrates are a bit high. Are you using high grade (lots of calcium) salt mix?
Flow is very important to zoas, you may need to experiment with that. What are your temp readings with the MH on?

I get my saltwater from my lfs
And the temp stays at around 79 degrees
I jus moved them higher in my tank with more flow
Hopefully it helps

Back
Top Bottom