Whats your favorite Dwarf Angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Whats your favorite Dwarf Angel

• Venustus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flameback

• Coral Beauty

• Bicolor

• Lemonpeel

• Potters

• Banded

• Pygmy

• Total voters

philly

Aquarium Advice Freak
I love them, sad tha you can only keep one but there so colorful. I was wondering which one you like the best. I will probably by the most popular one.

I voted for the lemon peel but that is my second choice. My favorite WAS the Keyhole angel. You ask why do you say WAS. He destroyed a couple corals and had to go. He is now swimming in a 210 FOWLR. Have a good day.

I have always wanted one but have never attempted it in fear of coral nips. One of the locals here swears that Atlantic Pygmy Angels have never nipped for him.

I have always wanted a flame though ...

Of all those listed above I say Potters. My favorite is the Cart Japanese Pygmy Angel....$1,400...bitchin'

Attachments

• japanese_pygmy_angel_243.jpg
    japanese_pygmy_angel_243.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 22
Did my whole FOWLR planning on my Flame Angel as the centerpiece. Great fish and gets along with all of his tankmates. No experience with them and corals yet, but if I ever finish getting my new tank going then he may find himself having the opportunity to take a few nips. The nice thing is that if he does, then he can just go back to his original home which is only like a 15 foot move :)

(note by Katie) Id' have to say Coral Beauty!!! But I lost at our at home argument between the flame and coral beauty therefore we are to be getting the flamed ( wich is beautiful anyways!!)

I've also heard mixed opinions on the flame about nipping at corals. Some say they do and some say they don't. I've heard more people say that they don't though. I'm looking at getting one too for my tank so let me know if you get one if it nips at you corals.

i have a huge dilema. i am trying to decide between a flame and a coral beauty for my 90g reef. any info that might tip the scale.

Either one is at risk to nip. Yes some will say theirs did not but their are some that will say they do. The question is are you willing to tear the tank up to get them if they do start nipping. Yes they make traps for fish but your corals dont have time to wait for you to catch them. I lost two corals to angels while I was waiting to catch them finally I had to go after them and remove everything. These are things you must think about before you put angels in a reef tank.

I wouldn't dare put any corals in with my Coral Beauty...he spends most of his day nipping at my rocks...I have the feeling he'd nip any corals to pieces...

Paul

Back
Top Bottom