what's your favorite fish and why?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mle421

Aquarium Advice Freak
i'm just getting started and i'm curios about what makes a great fish...well, great! so tell me why you love the ones you do! :D

yellow tail blue damsel

1) cheap

2) colorful

3) disease resistant and very active!

BLENNY

I love blennies. They have a great personality. They love to watch whats going on outisde of the tank. Fun to watch them find interesting holes they swim in and out of.

I'd have to agree... my lawnmower blenny and my pyscho goby are without a doubt my favorite fish....

Naso tang. So much personality and a joy to watch swim around. Like a golden retriever, she always looks happy.

I'm gonna say the blenny too. Had a canary before a velvet outbreak. Love the way it swims out front. And the way it swims. SOrt of frezing motion and turning its head to check everything out in the tank. Had a bi0color too. Fun to watch him perch on the rocks for the view and leap off for food. Now I have the midas blenny. Larger and pick out a rock to hang out on. Backs into the holes and watches everything. The first to greet me when I approach the tank.

PEARLY JAWFISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snowflake Moray...

I would say the Green Spotted Puffer.. He comes to the side of the tank like a dog, wagging his tail.. He will then lead me to the top of the tank, and you can see the begging look in his eyes... "Please open the top and drop in a small goldfish, or a tasty morsel of shrimp, or maybe even a silverside".

But then again, I'm not a dog person.

So, yeah.. My Eel is my favorite. Sitting across the room, watching him swim from top to bottom, all across the tank.. Simplistic beauty at it's finest.

2203Eel.jpg

blenny's look like they're a lot of fun to watch, i love the way they schooch along, what's a psycho goby?

See my avatar.
Maculosus Angel. Tough as nails, smart and friendly (to me :) ).
Like having the family dog in a fish tank. :lol:
A very close second are my Heni Butterfly's.

porcy puffer. as stated above they love to be. Mine will actually let you pet his head like a dog. He will come to the top of the tank and not swim down until you pet his head. Verry friendly cute and healthy fish (as long as you keep them out of the power heads)

Fuzzy dwarf lion fish would be second. Love the coloration and the fin arrangement on them. Also fun to watch hang upside down in the tank.

tangs! powder blue,white cheek, achilles, sohal, naso, orange shoulder ..to bad its hard to keep all of them in the same tank, let alone a small one :mrgreen:

returned to LFS: naso and hippo

I have to agree with captivereefs. When all is said and done, my yellow tail blue damsel is my original and favorite fish. Just don't tell my occelaris clown.

Lionfish are great but the personality mostly shows up at night when they "hunt." For me, my Lion tends to stay put until the lights are off.

My favorite fish would have to be a Clown Trigger, its just ashame that I can't fit one into my tank. I love aggressive fish, I already have a Dwarf Lion and might add an Angler soon.

Back
Top Bottom