Whats your levels.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greenstreet.1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
These are very important but since I have been here no one post or know the levels of there tanks and you should when keeping corals.
Mine:
Salt:1.026
Alk: 7-8
Cal:421
Mag: 1360

I keep logs they go a little over a year back

today:
Temp 79*
Salt 1.025
Alk 8
Cal 500
mag 1365
nitrite 0
nitrate 0
ammonia 0
ph 8.2
phos 0.03

Year ago today
Temp 81*
salt 1.021
alk 6
cal 410
mag 1200
nitrite 0
nitrate 1.0
ammonia 0.25
ph 7.6
phos 2.1

as you can see things changed for the better over time
it helps to be able to fall back on previous readings
you can see when things both improve or go down hill

I range cal around 500 it seems to be fine where it is and thats just with wcs
everything thrives

Mine's mostly sps too. Softball and volleyball sized colonies now.

I don't really test my 29 gallon reef but was planing on buying some test kits for my new 90. What is your secret to avoid testing?

I do water changes. When I used to test the water on a regular basis, I would notice very subtle changes between changes. I don't bother testing any more.
I have a large water volume though. I've never kept a small tank, unless it was plumbed into my large system, so I can't promise an sps packed bio cube will have the same results, but a reasonable coral load should be fine.

Is there any sort of program or app available to catalog and store tank params? I know buying a small notepad would work but i thought id ask

Is there any sort of program or app available to catalog and store tank params? I know buying a small notepad would work but i thought id ask

There is aqua planner for iPhone. Not sure if its available for android users... But I have it on my phone and my iPad. :) it comes pretty handy. Keeps track of all your levels.

Salt:1.026
Alk: 9.8
Cal:390
Mag: 1280

Only my second time using the red sea reef foundation test kit so my numbers might be off a little. As for corals all i have so far is a mushroom frag and zoa frag. Just got them about 2 weeks ago and its my first experience with corals. I use red sea coral pro salt.

Back
Top Bottom