When is it safe to introduce soft corals?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TlC849

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys,

Fairly new to the salt water aquarium, but have recently set up a 20 gallon tank. I was wondering when I would be safe to start introducing soft corals.

I currently have two small black oscellaris clownish. :fish2::fish2:There were also a few critters that came with the live rock. I ended up with 2 elephant snails, around 4 feather duster worms, and many others I haven't been able to identify yet.

Everything in the tank seems to be going ok at the moment, there has been no visible die off at any stage of cycling, and everything is eating well and keeping the tank relatively clean. The live rock surface is about 60% purple/pink algae, I have approx. 17 pounds of this in tank.

The guy at LPS advised waiting at least 6 months before attempting to add any corals.. Is there anything that can be safely added before this amount of time? Tank has been established for around 2 months.

Tank is also fitted with 1x 24 watt white globe and 1x 24 watt marine blue actinic globe.

Sorry for the long read, appreciate the advice in advance :)

Id say go ahead and add some easy corals assuming water parameters are good and nitrates are around 10ppm or less.

Zoas, mushrooms, palythoa, and leathers are good choices.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom