When to get live stock from LFS???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TRDfan

Aquarium Advice Freak
I know my LFS gets its stock into their sale tanks on Wednesdays and I was wondering if i should get the live stock on the same day or wait a day or 2 for the fish to be settled in after the long transport :fish2:

Try to look on Wednesday and see if they will hold it for a couple of days. My LFS gets shipments on Thursday, but won't release the fish until that Tuesday to ensure the fish eat and are good.

Yep, my LFS won't let me take fish right after delivery and for the following week. I do have to pay for the fish upfront for them to hold it for me but that fine by me. :)

My lfs gets their shipment in on thursday morning and by the afternoon/evening, the fish are in the front sale tanks :ermm: ....This particular store has the most veriety and hard to find/get fish. Its not like a petco or petsmart

So my question is that if i should wait till next week to go buy the fish?? or getting them on thursdays are fine??

I would see if they can hold it for you. If its gonna die let it die in the LFS 's tank and not yours. I have them hold mine for at least a week, sometimes longer.

My store will hold fish as well. It isn't a crazy request. Especially if you show up on shipment day

Back
Top Bottom