Where can i buy cuttlefish? Plz i looked all over.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bradswick

Aquarium Advice Regular
Yea I have been looking for one for about a month now and I can't find one but I really would like one. Pls if anyone has any suggestion for me to look?

special breeders is really the only place you'd find it. not many people do it because not many people keep cuttles

i would love to have one myself though

I saw a tank full of them in an aquarium once. There was a little info posted next to the tank. Fact: If you wave to cuttlefish, they'll "wave" back. It was so cool and a little eerie! lol

Erm, I hope you don't mind me asking what kind of experience you have along with how you plan to house it?

I'd really advise against a flamboyant; they're extremely venomous/poisonous, almost to the point of a blue ring octopus

Sepia bandensis would be the species you should look for, one of the more common species and you can keep one in a 30G!

TONMO - The Octopus News Magazine Online

I would take a look at the forum above. Not only are they a great source of information, but they sell eggs when their cuttlefish breed.

I don't believe they would sell one of their babies to you without you being properly set up, so they'll make sure you're equipped for cuttles. Be prepared to answer their questions. :)

Awesome thanks everyone and I have 10 years in the aquarium trade it been my hobby for awhile and in those 10 years I've never had a fish die on me. That's great advise about the flamboyant cuttlefish. Thanks for all the advice

Back
Top Bottom