Where did my chromi go???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rnb62679

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I have one question. I am new at this but I had 5 chromi fishes and two tangs, the tangs seemed to do their own thing but the chromis always chased each other and snapped at each other. A few days ago one seemed to be injured as if it was attacked and this morning when I fed them he didnt seem to eat, when I came back home tonight he is nowhere to be found in the tank. Do they eat each other if one dies?

Hi, sorry to hear about your fish. Not sure if the fish would have eaten it, but a clean up crew certainly would if you had one.

Actually I dont have a clean up crew yet that is why I am surprised. I looked everywhere and he is nowhere to be found.

Hmmm, maybe he went under a rock somewhere and died there??? If I have had a dead fish in my tank, I haven't seen any fish trying to eat it, but maybe yours did. :confused: Sorry I couldn't be much of a help. You checked all of your equipment, right? (Ex. filters, protein skimmers etc.)

Ok, good luck, and again sorry about your fish. If he is dead, you are going to want to remove him as soon as possible so you don't get an ammonia spike.

If you have live rock that you got from someone else tank chances are you have a bristleworms one of the best cuc imo.

found it, left to the store and when I came back there he was on the bottom near a rock. Thanks for the replies!

I was scared when I first got my chromis. They all went straight into the rocks and stayed there for days. I was sure they were dead.

Back
Top Bottom