Where did you buy your reef aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zenn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm curious as to where everyone got their reef tanks. Post up what you got, where you got it and if you got a steal or not. :)

2- 55 GAL Oceanic tanks and 1- 5 gal hex acylic tank plus equipment $25 at garage sale!!! HUGE BARGAIN!!!!!

i've been watching garage sales in my area for about 2 weeks now because i've often wondered if i might be able to get lucky and find an awesome deal. you got a steal indeed.

I got mine from my LFS. Paid up the nose for it since it was new. But I still love it. Pictures in my gallery

LFS...Sea Dreams. 72gal reef-ready tank for $249 and matching stand for $189.

was that like 10 years ago or something? I wish i could find a deal like that on a 72g reef ready tank. Nice grab lando.

I am in that LFS so much I get the frequent flyer discount. I ussually get a 5-10% discount on my purchases. I have helped them out in busy times every once in a while.

Step-father purchased a full setup (not including inhabitants) for $200 - just for the skimmer that came with it. I still have yet to purchase my own skimmer ;)

He gave me the tank, stand, fuge. I've purchased all the lighting (MH was $75 for ballast, bulb and reflector; VHO was $150 for ballast, endcaps and bulbs; PC was from the step-father for $0).

I've spent most of my money on water, salt and rock. Probably upwards of $2,500.

The tank wasn't the expense. ;)

schoeplein said:
The tank wasn't the expense. ;)

You're right about that. The tank and stand are about the cheapest components really, especially at that capacity..your skimmer's going to cost more than the tank.

so my fears of my existing Remora C skimmer not working in my new 75 gallon are true? Or will it be sufficient for that kind of load?

Back
Top Bottom