Where did you buy your ro/di units at?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefbound

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all, I have have done everything to get rid of my algae problem except to start using ro/di water which is my next step.
Where has everyone purchased theirs? Basically Im ro/di illiterate and Im not sure what to look for and I would like to purchase this tonite...can anyone point me to a decent one for the money. Im looking for a 35 to 75 gpd I guess...

I purchased mine on Ebay from FilterDirect and I am happy with it. They were also very helpful with my questions on how to hook it straight into the plumbing under my sink. (I am very hardware/plumbing illiterate)

There was a thread or article around here that mentioned FilterDirect and two other sellers for RO/DI units.... I couldn't find it with a quick search but I am sure others will chime in.

Hope that helped some!

I got mine at my LFS but you can get it cheaper online as the others suggested.

Why do you say this? According to my Hanna TDS, I get 0 TDS on mine. LOTs of people have used these with good results.

These ebay filters are fine, however the membrane of choice is Real FilmTec (TFC) membranes not just DOW material but the actual Dow Product.

A lot of ebay RO/DI have DOW filmtec look-a-likes, which they will work great for a little while then they will start going hay-wire.

I bought a eBay RO/DI filter similar to the one that is posted on this thread and ending up having to change the internals on it. I should have just went and bought the Typhoon III to begin with instead of trying to save a little money.

Dont listen to geckofrog, He spent to much on a filter and is mad that he got a bad one

I just bought a second RODI filter so I have one hooked up to my tank to replace evaporated water and a second to fill up my tubs for water changes. These guys have been in business for years and sell a great product at a great price.

TFC/TFM-100 Hight rejection TFC membrane we use genuine GE Osmonics membrane, 100 gal/day, it removes 95% to 98% of all chemical, dissolved solids in tap water. (replace every 1-2 years). Made in USA.

http://stores.ebay.com/Filter-Direct-store

I got mine for $121.00 shipped
But go ahead and pay $200+ if you want to listen to geckofrog

Aquasafe Canada or Filter Direct on Ebay. I've had my Aquasafe for over a year...no problems. I buy my filters & resin from Buckeye Field Supply.

Back
Top Bottom