Where did you buy your sand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Drzy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Sorry to hijack a new thread like this since I was already asking about it in a different one. But sand is the last component I need before I can get my tank started, so I'm hoping to get an answer. :)

Where did you buy your sand? I've looked at a few area Home Depots and Lowes, but they only carry the normal backyard playsand and not the white tropical playsand I'm looking for. Surely there must be some place that sells it... I'll be needing about 130 lbs.

I got mine at home depot. I carried around a bottle of vinegar for a while until I found the "right stuff"

Is yours white? I had been thinking the sand was supposed to be white, but maybe I'm wrong... they have the normal tannish color, is is possible for the tan kind to pass the vinegar test?

I was just wondering if anyone knew the name of the sand or at least the company that makes it. I know I have seen it on here before, but I just can't seem to find it. Thanks 8O

I was also wondering the same thing, what is the company name of the sand most people use from Home depot thanks guys!!!!!

they don't carry aragonite based sand where i live so i bought my argamax sand from Drs. Foster and Smith. I ended up paying about 125 bucks all said and done for about a 4" sandbed, but it was worth it.

Back
Top Bottom