Where do i place my coral??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hondachico

Aquarium Advice Freak
Where do I place my coral in my tank? Is there any specific place or area?

There are many variables that would dictate where to place coral. First you have to evaluate the coral- is it high, low, or moderate flow? High, low, or moderate light? Then you have to evaluate your tank and lighting.
What corals are you considering and what are the dimensions of your tank and what fixture do you have over it? Not just the brand or type of lamps in it, but how many lamps and what wattage are they.
what power heads are in the tank?

I have a yellow star polyp I think, I have one 1000 gph power head my tank is a 35 gal hex. My light is a quad t5 lighting with two actinic and two 10 k with two moon leds, I think It has about 72w

After googling "35 hexagon tank dimensions" I came up with 23 1/4 x 20 3/16 x 24 3/4.
So, [FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]y[/FONT]our tank is approximately 23" top to bottom and you have a 4 x 18 watt t5 unit over it. I would say midway would be fine for star polyps. Where exactly do you have the power head placed?[FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]
[/FONT]

Can my snails from the CUC harm the yellow star polyps because I have one snail that is on the rock of the coral

what snails are they exactly? Generally, snails on one of those "CUC" bundles are reef safe, but they do occasionally suggest some that aren't, but I haven't noticed any coral eaters as far as I remember.

Just keep those star polyps out of direct flow from that power head. Moderate flow would be fine.

Do you have enough food in the tank for those snails you purchased? Can you post a picture of your tank?

I don't have anything recent, I will take one In a little bit but the first one is without the coral and then the second one is a pic of just the coral.

Attachments

• image-3514437670.jpg
    image-3514437670.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 125
  • image-3426186239.jpg
    image-3426186239.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 116
Hondachico said:
I don't have anything recent, I will take one In a little bit but the first one is without the coral and then the second one is a pic of just the coral.

They are yellow zoas

Flreefer said:
I believe those are called Yellow Colony polyps? At least that's what I bought them as. Are they really a type of Paly?

Yellow Colony Polyps

How did you get them to colonize like that?

Back
Top Bottom