Where do you buy hermit crab shells?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeriousDude5

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am looking to buy hermit crab shells but can;t seem to find any except for eBay. I was just wondering where you get your hermit crab shells let me know. Because all my crabs attack a poor little snail then take its shell :-/

I'd get them at a local crafts store. Michaels is here in CA. Call up some arts & crafts places and ask for shells that are unpolished/unvarnished. Different sized ones will be good so that way they don't fight. :D

liveaquaria.com has them ... look under marine inverts and hermits ... you'll see them! I think they are 12 shells for 5.99 kind of expensive when you throw in shipping and all, so you might be better off checking out Michaels or any Arts and Crafts store like RLG2182 said.

You can also get them on ebay. I don't have a link for you, but that's where I got mine. I think it was $10 or so for 100 shells of varying sizes.

tripper

I buy mine at the LFS. I pay $1 each and they are labelled as Cerith Snails :p Then I just wait a few weeks to a couple months, and voila! The snail in the shell disappears and gets replaced by a Hermit Crab.

I tried store bought shells, but apparently nothing fits the Hermits as well as a shell that just had a snail ripped out of it :roll:

Just got shells from Michaels.
They have plastic bags of assorted shells for 1.99. They come in small, med or large. I just rinsed them in fresh water and dropped them in. Hermits went nuts checking out the shells and more then half had taken a new shell by the next day.

Back
Top Bottom