Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-19-2005, 09:58 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Where, oh where, has my anenome gone? Where could it be?

Ok all, I just bought a anenome from my lfs and placed it in the tank. It's gone, or at least I can't see it. It must have moved last night. Don't they realize that they are not suppose to stray away. It's mine, I bought it, it's not suppose to move.

Do these things hide in the rocks for a little and then come out into the middle of the tank look pretty and then just sit?

How can I get it to come back out into the light? At least I know its not out of the tank. got covers on the tank and the aquaruim is pre-drilled with over flows. Hey, I ddint check the sump though!!!. Could it be in there?

Obmanta

Old 04-19-2005, 10:02 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Oh man, now I'm gonna have that song in my head.

Some anemone's will hide in the rocks til they get comfortable in the new tank. Some take longer than others to come back out. As for it coming out and sitting pretty in the middle of the tank, good luck with that. lol They wander around a bit til they find the perfect spot, with perfect light and waterflow. That could be anywhere in the tank, even behind the rocks. You'll just need to wait it out.
Do you have all your ph and filter intakes covered? Hopefully it didn't get sucked up in to one of them. It won't live through that.

Old 04-19-2005, 01:05 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

when i was away these couple of weeks, my red anemone got suck up in one of my power head because the form came lose for some reason and my water is all cloudy and my tomato clown die a couple of days ago too
60 gal s/w tank - 1 adult koran angel, 1 yellow tang, , 10 blue leg hermit crab, 15 snail, , 1 tri-bar damsel, 1 chocolate star fish, 20 blue legs hermit, 20 snails, 1 cleaner shrimp, 1 blue damsel, 1 citron goby, and 1 dragon goby
Fuvibo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 02:31 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Chances are you anemone is either down your overflow, in a pump, or chopped up in a powerhead. In order to successfully keep anemones you must cover all filter intakes with a sponge or something the anemone cant get through.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:31 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

obmanta - what kind of anemone did you purchase and what's your tank size and lighting? How long is has tank been setup? tell us more

Fuvi-The death of the anemone caused your water qaulity to turn to poop. The major ammonia from the decaying anemone could have caused the deaths.
klam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 12:12 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Well I found the varment!!! He is hiding under some rocks near where I placed him. HE has been there for about 3 days now. WIll he ever show his face again? My understanding is that eventually he will come out and bask under the Metal halides I have here for him.

If not, I wasted $9 for a Condi anenome.

Thanks all for your help,

Obmanta
Old 04-21-2005, 12:20 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Try to feed it
klam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 08:50 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

He's not used to the mh. It may take a couple of weeks for him to get used to them. He will probably come out more at night than day for awhile.
http://www.aquarank.com/in.php?id=fishfree
electrikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 09:26 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Activist

when I had my bubble tip under the PCs he went into hiding, but when I switched over to MHs he came out to the top dead center of the tank (thats car lingo)
Old 04-22-2005, 02:20 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via MSN to Brisc0
I just got a new purple LTA and I totally feel your frustration. It absolutely refuses to attach its foot (its not damaged) and so I have had to result to a tie down to keep the tunze from blowing it into the water column. But I am sure that once it decides to "stick" it won't stick in once place for long.
My advice is if you get it to park somewhere, don't touch anything lol as soon as you tweak a powerhead, etc. etc. it will take off to the races again.

-105G SPS Reef with 30G Sump/Fuge Combo
-30G LTAnemonarium with mated porcelain crabs, 10 sexy shrimp, and 2 pink skunks all tied into the other 135G in my system.
Brisc0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anenome

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com