Where should i place my green star polyp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daylilly

Aquarium Advice Activist
I bought a piece yesterday so far I have it sitting on the back left corner of my tank. Does it need live rock underneath it? I want it to grow on the glass. How can I achieve that? Is there some way of placing in the center of the glass on the left side so it grows on the glass only or does it need live rock too. Will it grow on the sand bed? If I take a clip an clip it on the side of the glass will it grab on to the glass soon and just start growin there?

Thanks

GSPs will grow on anything and everything - rock, glass, they'll overtake other corals. I love GSPs, the way they look, but they spread like wildflowers so make sure that's what you're after.

If you want them on the glass, perhaps you could secure them there with 2 of those suction-cup clip feeders that are used for feeding nori or something. It'll take a few weeks for them to attach, but once they do you should be good to go.

You could also use a few small drops of superglue gel.

Ok great thanks that's what I did now hopefully it will attach soon!

With mine, just put it anywhere against the glass! I have it up on the glass in my 38G, and the 29G well it got moved next to the glass right in front somehow, and went nuts. I just recently stripped it from the glass and put it elsewhere in the tank. The front of the tank was not a good place to have it.

Back
Top Bottom