Where to buy drilled/reef ready tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sniperhank

Giant Clam Addict
Anyone know of any websites that have quality work or good deals? Craigslist just isn't cutting it and I want to upgrade my system with a drilled tank, just coming up short after several months of searching.

I don't know what website but look up Deep Blue or Perfecto for brands...

i got a deep blue. Very glad I did. Not sure on the website either, but I know my LFS could order in the size I wanted etc.

So how far are you from slippery rock? There's a place there the guy has a few tanks he's done himself but they look nice and his prices are always good on corals, has a huge selection.

I'm actually not too far from slimy pebble. Maybe ill give him a call, always kinda wanted to.

In terms of type of tank, I'm not sure it matters to me. My current glass has seen better days and my acrylic one I don't pay much attention to. I just know I want it to be about 100 gal.

Both. He had a I want to say 150 gallon acrylic for sale last time I was there it might have been bigger. I think it's random when he sells equipment so if your planning on going I would call first... The site is slipperyrockcorals.com

I'm actually not too far from slimy pebble. Maybe ill give him a call, always kinda wanted to.

In terms of type of tank, I'm not sure it matters to me. My current glass has seen better days and my acrylic one I don't pay much attention to. I just know I want it to be about 100 gal.

Haha you must be talking like that.. But I highly recommend that place especially if you do corals... He has the hands down best prices anywhere. I don't know how he does it. And biggest selection. Where do you usually go?

I do all of my stuff online through deals and steals I find. Has treated me very well. He would probably be the closest thing to me in terms of deals like I have heard about, since he is whole sale. There is a guy in Kittanging sells coral as well, but never been.

Glass Cages makes decent tanks. People always knock them, but I believe these people to be far too picky, considering the money saved. I'm on my second tank from them. I was pleased with both of them, which were about half the price of everyone else.
Glasscages.com - Glass Aquariums

I was looking at them Doug. I'm thinking that I would run into the issue of where they would ship it to. I'm 2 miles from a town, so I'm not sure where they would freight a 100 gallon tank to locally for me. Haven't made it to that step to call them.

Look for starphire glass on aquariums built with less iron in glass. You lose the green look for much clearer glass,corals look better.Deep blue,glass cages offer starphire glass little more but worth it if going new.

They truck the tanks to a variety of places. I picked mine up in Allentown, Pa., which is about an hour away from me. For a 100 gallon tank, all you need is you and a buddy. I had to call 6 guys to help with mine. Looks like the closest place to you is 3 hours away, in Carlisle. I've driven 3 hours one way before for the hobby.....

Back
Top Bottom