Where To Buy Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MississippiFishGuy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Pet Co is the LFS around where I live and I don't really like getting anything from them. The only other stores are cities away. Anyone know any trusted sites that I could buy fish from.

I believe what was posted above was liveaquaria.com, but if not then there you go.

bluzooaquatics.com is good as well, and I've heard mixed reviews about saltwaterfish.com (Those who like it love it, those who don't don't hate it, but wouldn't order again)

Try using the search button to find more, there have been many, many threads asking the same question

Just in case you're considering making a trip to the Jackson area to one of the 3 stores here, I'll give you a quick rundown.

The Fish Bowl in Ridgeland - 0 SW fish in stock, and a few corals. Owner is trying to sell the business and for the past month every time I ask her about it I get "we'll know next week" It's been a month and next week still hasn't come.

Saltwater World in Pearl - Great store, just not much to pick from. Only about 12 or so display tanks, which aren't very big. He can special order you anything you want, but it's going to take a while. His live rock is the best in the area - esp. for the price. Overall a clean store and excellent advice.

The Jungle in Richland - My personal favorite but the past few times I've gone in there his tanks have had velvet and ich. Never saw one diseased fish in his tanks until a few weeks ago. I got my 2 clowns from here and they're still kickin. I think he's got more stuff in stock in his small store than Foster & Smith have on their site. AMAZING store, but unfortunately right now his fish aren't looking too hot.

tjm80 said:
Just in case you're considering making a trip to the Jackson area to one of the 3 stores here, I'll give you a quick rundown.

The Fish Bowl in Ridgeland - 0 SW fish in stock, and a few corals. Owner is trying to sell the business and for the past month every time I ask her about it I get "we'll know next week" It's been a month and next week still hasn't come.

Saltwater World in Pearl - Great store, just not much to pick from. Only about 12 or so display tanks, which aren't very big. He can special order you anything you want, but it's going to take a while. His live rock is the best in the area - esp. for the price. Overall a clean store and excellent advice.

The Jungle in Richland - My personal favorite but the past few times I've gone in there his tanks have had velvet and ich. Never saw one diseased fish in his tanks until a few weeks ago. I got my 2 clowns from here and they're still kickin. I think he's got more stuff in stock in his small store than Foster & Smith have on their site. AMAZING store, but unfortunately right now his fish aren't looking too hot.

I might try the Jungle but I have been to the Fish Bowl and got my Yellow Tang. I didn't see that his eye was messed up when I got em. But as you said they are " closing" we use to sell our African Jewels to them until then. But I live in meridian so you know small town not many stores to buy fish.

If you're looking to buy more than $100 try bluezooaquatics.com. Right now they have free shipping for orders over $99.

Back
Top Bottom