where to buy ultra live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr.5150

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hey everybody..... I was wondering where can I buy the best posible fully cured live rock? I bought some from aquacon long ago and it was decent....I'm tryng to see where everybody else buys theirs. .... I also remember I purchased some live rock from a website that stared with a w ...looooooong ago and it was 100% purple ultra live shipped in water live rock.... I haven't had a tank in a while....any input would be nice....thanx

A LFS if you have one?

I know the couple in my area carry cured, and uncured.

I would visit all the LFS in your area, but if you do purchase it from online you will have to cure it and prepare it for you tank in a seperate tank. Since you already have an established tank the die-off from your live rock will cause a spike of ammonia and might be bad to you your already established live rock.

I get mine from the LFS. You might as others suggested have to order and cure yourself. It will be more expensive at the LFS.

But LA also tells you to recure it when you get it. As it is not totally cured.

you will be hard-pressed to find a company that ships LR in water. the shipping with rock and water would be outragious. There are several sites like www.tampabaysaltwater.com that ship premium LR next day air covered in wet shop towels. There is very little die-off when shipped this way and a great option as oppossed to paying higher prices at the LFS.

yeah well the thing with live rock at the lfs is its not really live...... im talking about white color brown color rocks .... they dont want to sell the purple rocks. so what i used to do was order rock from different places .... LA is good Aquacon is good too ... but i think i order the best from the tampa bay website.... thats the website i was trying to figure out .... its really really live...... thanks for all the input......

The rock at the LFS is live in one sense and the most important way because it has the beneficial bacteria on it to start your cycle with. That is the most important thing but as far as the coraliline Algea on the rock grow it yourself. I have 200 lbs in my tank and it hardly had any but it does now. Also cured rock from the LFS seems to be more rid of the nasties that come with shipped LR.

Back
Top Bottom